Physical Therapy Services in New Jersey
Physical therapy services at Performance Rehabilitation in Totowa and Lafayette Township helps with pain management and mobility problems. We are fully staffed with expert physicians and physical therapists who are experienced in the most advanced physical therapy treatments in New Jersey.
What is Physical Therapy?
The following definition of physical therapy is from the American Physical Therapy Association. Physical therapy is a dynamic profession with an established theoretical and scientific base and widespread clinical applications in the restoration, maintenance, and promotion of optimal physical function. Physical therapists are health care professionals who help individuals maintain, restore, and improve movement, activity, and functioning, thereby enabling optimal performance and enhancing health, well-being, and quality of life. Their services prevent, minimize, or eliminate impairments of body functions and structures, activity limitations, and participation restrictions.
Physical therapy is provided for individuals of all ages who have or may develop impairments, activity limitations, and participation restrictions related to:
- Conditions of the musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, cardiovascular, pulmonary, and/or integumentary systems
- The negative effects attributable to unique personal and environmental factors as they relate to human performance
Physical therapists play vital roles in today’s health care environment and are recognized as essential providers of rehabilitation and habilitation, performance enhancement, and prevention and risk-reduction services. Physical therapists also play important roles both in developing standards for physical therapist practice and in developing health care policy to ensure availability, accessibility, and optimal provision of physical therapy.
Benefits of Physical Therapy Services
Physical therapy services from Performance Rehabilitation help you:
- Prevent surgery and recover after surgery when surgery is necessary
- Decrease pain
- Improve body mechanics and posture
- Improve mobility and motion
- Minimize the effects of certain medical conditions
- Improve strength, balance, coordination, and endurance
What Physical Therapy Services are Available at Performance Rehabilitation?
As a leading physical therapy facility in New Jersey, Performance Rehabilitation offers the highest quality treatments to our patients.
- Core Strengthening – GravityFit
- Physical Therapy Versus Chiropractic
- Concussion Testing
- Equilibrate Balance System
- Fall Risk Assessment
- Post-Operative Rehabilitation
Physical therapy services at Performance Rehabilitation, located in Totowa and Lafayette Township in New Jersey, are both rehabilitative and preventive. Our treatments are appropriate for patients of all ages and activity levels. Contact us to schedule a personal consultation to find out how physical therapy can help you.